We are looking for companies with experience in developing music software to help us take Figurenotes to the next level.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to help us modernise our Figurenotes software as part of our programme: Figurenotes – Everyone Can Play!
Drake Music Scotland welcomes bids from qualified organisations and individuals to transform our existing downloadable Figurenotes application into a web-based application that fully delivers the existing functions and provides required and suggested improvements.
Figurenotes© Software promotes inclusion across the spectrum of music-making opportunities and differentiation within them. By moving to a web-based system we are opening up accessibility to more devices and more learners, increasing accessible music education worldwide.
The required web-based application will allow a worldwide user-group to create, compose, playback, print, and share scores. The ability to access Figurenotes© Software and files anywhere via an internet connection will allow a diverse range of people to access music and encourage collaboration.
Closing date is 9am on 31/05/2021
You can view the full software brief here.
The successful contractor will preferably have:
- Experience of developing user-friendly, online applications
- Knowledge and experience of music software
- Understanding of the context faced by charity and social agencies
- C++ Experience (original code is written in C++)
- Experience of programming languages/frameworks compatible with browser-based software
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in software development
- A demonstration of your understanding of the brief.
- Explanation of programming language/framework choices
- A detailed methodology indicating the number of days proposed for each task by each member of the team.
- An outline project plan, including review points
- Details of approach to quality assurance (including adherence to timescales and the quality of key outputs) and any relevant procedures/accreditation and how these will be applied to this project.
- Details of personnel who will undertake the work, giving particulars of experience and skills, including any sub-contractors you intend to use.
- At least two examples of previous work that you feel display the skills you would bring to this project. These should not include examples of work previously done for Drake Music Scotland.
- How you will deal with data protection, accessibility, information governance, and security systems
- Risk assessment and mitigation that includes those risks associated with most application development projects, as well as those particularly relevant to this piece of work
- An accurate breakdown of all costs including daily rates and expenses and any VAT applicable, including VAT relating to subcontractors
- Ongoing costs to run application, including any technical support costs.
If you think this could be the role for you, please get in touch with the team at email@example.com. Help us make the best software we can by sharing this post with your networks.
Please contact us for various accessible formats of the brief, stating your preferred format – larger font or word document. The PDF below is an accessible PDF containing alt text. If you have any other access needs or questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to ScottishPower Foundation for supporting Figurenotes – Everyone Can Play.